This is an easy guide that will let you activate and use a Wi-Fi hotspot for MetroPCS on your phone.
Guide to Activate Wifi HotSpot for MetroPCS on Android
- Go to Settings for Android phones.
- Navigate to “Network & Internet” in the settings menu and tap on “Network & Internet” or “Connections”. The name depends on your Android phone’s manufacturer and software version.
- After that, find the “Hotspot & tethering” in the Network & Internet settings section and tap.
- Tap on the option “Set up hotspot” or “Mobile hotspot”. This will enable the hotspot feature on your Android phone. You may need to toggle the switch to the “On” position.
- Configure hotspot settings
- Set up hotspot name (also known as SSID),
- Choose a security mode (such as WPA2 for secure connection), and set a password for your hotspot to prevent unauthorized access. You can also specify the number of devices that can connect to your hotspot simultaneously.
Now you have activated the Metro PCS internet from your Android device for other users. Share your hotspot passwords to allow them to connect.
Activate Wifi HotSpot for MetroPCS on iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Personal Hotspot.
- Enable “Personal Hotspot” and “Allow Others to Join” to ON.
- Note: You may be prompted to enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth if they are not already enabled.
- Configure its settings by setting up the hotspot name (also known as SSID) and Password.
Now you have successfully activated the Wifi Hotspot for MetroPCS on your iPhone.
Just share the hotspot password to allow your friends and family to connect with your Metro by T-Mobile internet.
Related: How to Check Metro PCS Hotspot Usage
He is the founder and lead writer for MetroPCSBill. For the past six years, he had been following the changes and trends in the telecommunication industry. His interest in technology and the way it enables people to connect led him to start this website. Here he publishes content related to Metro by T-Mobile services to provide easy-to-understand information to readers.